Pages

Monday 7 April 2014

Sapporo Ichiban Miso Ramen






My first Sapporo Ichiban. Pleasant chewy noodles - quite flavoursome. Asian noodles are made from wheat flavour, palm oil, and often potato starch or tapioca starch or some other thickener. I might look into investigating the difference between Asian and British noodles, as I do prefer Asian. Anyway, the flavour powder is vague -  no distinct flavours come out, and there is not much range.  No high citric notes, nor any deep, meaty savoury notes - just this grey nameless savoury sludge. Salty mushroom and faint shrimp and seaweed. The flavour is miso, which is a soy bean paste, and is used to make miso soup. I've had miso soup, and it does taste like this - a grey, nameless savoury with a sort of earthy seaweed tang.

I can't see miso flavoured noods really becoming a favourite of mine; nor can I see them taking off in a big way in the UK. But it's each to their own.....

75p for 101g from Tradewinds oriental Shop. Sapporo is a Japanese brand, but the brand is popular in USA, so that's where these are made. That's why they are not as cheap as noods actually made in Asia.

Date: April 2014 Score: 3/10

Other reviews
*RamenRater
*Oodles of Noodles   A dull YouTube video of a man eating the noodles - it's not attractive, and its not funny, but there you go; they posted it, 830 people have watched it - well, I skipped through it.
*NoodleNut  Another YouTube video of someone eating the noodles. Well, I assume that's what he does - I didn't want to waste 5 minutes of my life watching it - but if you do, there's the link....

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post has been recieving lots of spam messages. The messages are very complementary, but non-specific, such as : "Your site is very useful. Good to see someone is putting up this information. Well researched." etc. And then there is a link to their own website, but when you click on the link it randomly redirects you to another website, such as Wikipedia or a travel agency. I am not letting any more through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great issues altogether, you simply received a new reader.
    What could you recommend in regards to your submit that youu made a ffew days ago?
    Any positive?

    Also visit my blog: webpage ()

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to keep clearing spam from this post. It's my most visited Noodle page, so perhaps that's why it attracts so much spam.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a noody message!