Pages

Thursday 6 March 2014

Nissin Demae Ramen Satay Flavour





There's no English language branding name other than Nissin Satay Flavour, though it has the Japanese  出前一丁 (Demae Itcho) which means "delivery one order", that the Nissin Demae Ramen Chicken Flavour also has. And the delivery boy is also on the packaging. I've just had another Hong Kong Nissin, and note that the words Demae Ramen appear right at the top.

This is a nice flavour - it has peanut and fish sauce notes. I didn't follow the cooking instructions - I poured boiling water on the noodles and flavour powder in a bowl until they were covered with water, stirred, and then added the seasoning sauce. The sauce needed tempting out of the packet - I poured in hot water and eased it out with a fork. I prefer the consistency of the noodles when not overcooked, and preferred the sauce a little thicker and more flavoursome, so I enjoyed the experience more than when following the instructions as I did for the Chicken Flavour. There was some flavouring powder left at the bottom of the bowl, which is OK, but a little, well, powdery. I suppose boiling for three minutes would help dissolve that. I am happier having a little left-over powder and having noods with flavour and texture. Each to their own.

This is nice. Proper Asian noodles. Made under license in Hong Kong. This packet was designed for the Canadian and French Guiana markets, but by some route ended up in the UK. I could eat these again.

Date: March 2014  Score: 7





Yummy. Nissin are really the top noodle company. This is a very tasty and satisfying quick meal for only 40p.

Date:  June 2014   Score: 7


Other reviews
*RamenRater





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a noody message!