Pages

Friday 28 March 2014

Blue Dragon Noodle Wok Oriental Chicken flavour




I like spicy, but I am sensitive to chilli, so this got my face sweating and my lips burning. I hadn't realised it would be that hot! At £1.50 for 65g, this is not good value - you pay more for the packaging than the food; however, you do get a reusable blue plastic bowl - useful for those who like their noods from a bowl rather than a pot. This is all veggie - the chicken flavour comes from garlic and soy sauce powder. It doesn't taste much of chicken. The flavour is dominated by the chilli, and by rehydrated veg. Dried veg is not good. It's best in powdered form. This thing comes with a separate packet of dried veg. So you get the crunchy, chewy artificial tasting peas and carrots thing familiar to those who used to eat Bachelors dried soups. It's not good. There are few noodles, and I don't recall them much. I was rather overwhelmed by the chilli and the dried veg. I did eat it, and it wasn't offensive. But it's an expensive mistake. These noods are SIX TIMES more expensive than Nissin, and nowhere near as good. These are made in Thailand for Blue Dragon, a British company, founded in the early 1980s, which sells Asian sauces and dried noodles.


Date: March, 2014   Score: 2





Some savoury flavouring, mostly onion ans soy sauce, and some heat. Not impressed at all.

Date: Sept, 2017  Score: 2



The best Chicken flavour instant noodles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a noody message!